UNIT 1. SPECIAL RELATIVITY
- Define the fundamental concepts of reference frame, event
and inertial frame.
- Discuss what is meant by relative velocity.
2. Postulates of the Special Theory of Relativity
- Learn the relativity postulate and the speed of light
3. Relativity of Time
4. Relativity of Length
- Understand how the principle of relativity leads to time dilation
and length contraction.
- Use the Lorentz transformations to find time, length and
5. Relativistic Energy
6. Relativistic Addition of Velocities
- Recognize the significance of Einstein’s famous equation
- Explore relativistic energy.
- Understand the speed of light limit.