UNIT 3. QUANTUM THEORY
1. Waves Behave Like Particles
- Describe the spectrum emitted by a hot body and explain
the basic theory that underlies the emission of hot-body
- Explain the photoelectric effect and recognize that quantum
theory can explain it, whereas the wave theory cannot.
- Explain the Compton effect and describe it in terms of the
momentum and energy of the photon.
2. Particles Behave Like Waves
- Describe experiments that demonstrate the particle-like
properties of electromagnetic radiation.
- Describe evidence of the wave nature of matter and solve
problems relating wavelength to particle momentum.
- Recognize the dual nature of both waves and particles and
the importance of the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.