UNIT 2. THE END OF CLASSICAL PHYSICS
1. Physics in the 1800's
3. Cathode Rays
4. J.J. Thomson and the Discovery of the Electron
5. Millikan and the Fundamental Unit of Charge
6. Rutherford and the Discovery of the Nucleus
- Establish experimental evidence by which we know about
the existence of atoms and about their properties.
- Learn basic information about atoms, nuclei, and spectra.
7. Classical Physics at the Limit
- Recognize phenomena that cannot be explained by
classical physics, thus motivating the need for a new